"In all that I do I will try to remember the maxim that the final value society places on our lives will be measured by the extent to which we have served others."
RICHARD H. RIOUX, Ph.D.
Richard "Doc" Rioux wrote a weekly column for The Signal (Santa Clarita Valley, California) from 1993 to 1997. A leader in his community of Stevenson Ranch (Los Angeles County), Founder of Old Town Newhall, USA, Executive Director of two of the nation's largest alcohol and drug treatment facitlities at Acton and Warm Springs, and an acclaimed author and photographer, Dr. Rioux died on April 28, 1997 at the age of 53. He is survived by his wife Suzanne and their four children, Regina, Stephanie, Natasha and Jeremy, all of whom he loved very much.
Donations may always be made in Dr. Rioux's name to one of his favorite charities, the Samuel Dixon Family Health Center, 30257 San Martinez Rd., Val Verde, CA 91350.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about this site.
TRIBUTE TO DR. RICHARD RIOUX
Entered into the Congressional Record by U.S. Rep. Howard P. McKeon
Richard "Doc" Rioux's columns in The Signal are proprietary in nature and may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express permission of the newspaper.
- Basic precepts to staying healthy (2-16-97)
- Recreating legends of the Western frontier (2-9-97)
- Making sense of one day's news (2-2-97)
- Bridge to 21st Century: What's on the other side? (1-26-97)
- The world through a 9-year-old's eyes (1-19-97)
- Ebonics, math scores and the way children learn (1-12-97)
- Newt and Bill and human imperfections (1-5-97)
- Problems and resolutions for 1997 (12-29-96)
- What you can give for Christmas (12-22-96)
- Surrendering to places where the phone doesn't ring (12-15-96)
- Christians and environmentalists must join forces (12-8-96)
- Why the fuss over Stevenson Ranch Parkway? (12-1-96)
- GOP must press War on Drugs (11-24-96)
- A few pointers for your good health (11-17-96)
- What's love got to do with it? (11-10-96)
- Who is your choice for president? (11-3-96)
- What have you done for American democracy lately? (10-27-96)
- Santa Clarita's toughest and most resilient people (10-20-96)
- Belief in God is key to maintaining social order (10-13-96)
- DENIAL impedes recovery from drug, alcohol addiction (10-6-96)
- Today's rumors, tomorrow's headlines (9-29-96)
- Things never change in Mike McGrath's kingdom (9-22-96)
- Ideas needed for solving school crowding problems (9-15-96)
- New school year raises old issues (9-8-96)
- Tips for making your marriage work (9-1-96)
- Know the signs of juvenile drug abuse (8-25-96)
- Why the revitalization of downtown Newhall? (6-9-96)
- Let's tour "Old Town Newhall, USA" (11-27-94)
- Liberal socialist welfare state died in Tuesday's election (11-13-94)
- Women and the future of America (10-24-93)
- Revitalizing Newhall: The sky's the limit! (10-8-93)
- America must remain a haven for immigrants (1-11-93)
- We must place God at the center of our lives (5-10-92)
Hosted by Leon Worden